Come visit our booth at the Voluteer FEST!
A festival for those 55+ and older to learn about local volunteer opportunities.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Holiday Inn at Cedar Creek
1000 Imperial Ave. Rothschild, WI 54474
Brought to you by United Way RSVP
Let’s Talk About Pain Medicines is a free 60-minute educational program developed by Wisconsin Health Literacy to help participants obtain a better understanding of how to more safely and effectively use prescription pain (opioid) medicine.
Program topics include:
* The differences between prescription opioids and other pain medicines
* Safe storage of prescription pain medicine to help prevent others from finding and using them
* What to do with unused prescription pain medicine
* Understanding of label directions (when and how long to take the medicine)
* The importance of understanding warning labels
* When to call the pharmacist or provider
Each participant is provided with a workbook, a pill box, and 4 fact sheets to take home, plus the chance to enter into a prize drawing at the end of the program.
The workshops are presented by non-clinical facilitators and are not intended to serve as medical advice.
This project is supported by Security Health Plan.
Literacy Can't Wait tutor recruitment drive kicked off on August 1st and is now in full swing. This year we have 44 agencies participating and recruiting volunteer tutors statewide. Bookmarks promoting the drive were sent to key libraries thanks to the Wisconsin Libraries Association. In addition, Wisconsin Literacy will have regular social media posts available for all members to use in their recruitment efforts on Facebook. The combined goal is to recruit over 1,000 tutors statewide. For a full list of participants, click here.
All scheduled Board Meetings located in the Marathon County Public Library
* Second Monday of every month unless noted, starts at 5:30 p.m.
October 8th, 2018
November 12th, 2018
January 14th, 2019
All scheduled Tutor Training session is the 3rd Saturday of every month
Time: 10:00 a.m.
October 20th, 2018
November 17th, 2018
January 19th, 2018