Tutoring Adult Basic Education (ABE) or English Language Learning (ELL or ESL) adult students for the Central Wisconsin Literacy Council.
1. Attend Tutor Training, Tutor Roundtables, and utilize materials in McLit Resource Room
2. Provide Tutoring based on student’s needs and goals, in accordance with councils guidance.
3. Develop and follow council-based Lesson Plans for your students(s)
4. Complete Monthly Tutor Reports on paper forms provided by council, or phone call in.
5. Meet the learner in a mutual agreed upon public location
6. Report promptly any change in status of students and/or yourself (i.e., address, phone, etc.)
7. Maintain confidentiality of information outside McLit and adult student communities.
1. No prior teaching experience of knowledge of a foreign language is required; however, a high school diploma or its equivalent, and the ability to read, write, and speak English are required.
2. Even tempered, non-judgmental, relaxed, flexible and able to respond to the changing needs of an adult student
3. Completion of the McLit Tutor Training
The Literacy Council provides equal opportunities to all volunteers and applicants without regard to race, creed, sexual preference, marital status, color. Religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, military reserve membership, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, The Literacy Council complies with applicable federal, and state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Apply to be a tutor: download the application below
Apply to be a student: download the application below